AmigaActive (1316/2143)

From:Alan Buxey
Date:18 May 2000 at 19:56:11
Subject:Re: Volvo

hi,

> I hate the way they always blast you with their headlights even on a bright
> summers day. Only with a Volvo behind you do you have to use your
> anti-dazzle mirror during the day.
>
> Sad bastards, surely they can wire in a switch.

much as I used to agree with you, I lived in Sweden for a little while a few
years back and I realised exactly why they have their lights on all the time
(as do motorbikes) not only does a moving lightsource actually get your
attention, but for a large chunk of the year, Sweden is stuck in one of
those twilight -sun-on-the-horizon- lighting siuations, where all cars
basically become silhouettes - even at 1pm in the afternoon! In this case,
a car with no headlights on is deadly.

alan

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com: